App is incompatible with Samsung device (need an earlier version of KoBoCollect android app)

I have been using this app very successfully on my Samsung SM-T210R device, but today I uninstalled the app in order to walk my colleagues through the installation process, and when I tried to re-download it on the same device it says it is incompatible with my device. Any advice?
Thanks!

Hi,
Can you confirm the following?

1. What is the android version on the samsung phone you are using?
  2. Can you try installing ODK collect and see if downloads.
  3. Can you uninstall all the previous versions i.e. ODK and KoBoCollect and then try this again and tell me if it works.

Stephane

1 Like

Hi Stephane, thanks for the response. The android version is 4.4.2, and its a samsung galaxy tablet 3 7.0. I tried downloading ODK collect no problem. I have done a factory reset on my device, uninstalling all previous apps and even signing in with a different google account! Still no luck. I am not even able to find the Kobo collect app when I search in the play store.

1 Like

Hi,
Can you try downloading it from this link directly https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.koboc.collect.android&hl=en

Stephane

1 Like

When I click the link, it says “this app in incompatible with your device”.
It seems like Kobo is only compatible with android 5 or higher, but it was working on my device literally this morning, so I don’t understand how this can be true.

Hi,
You must have had an older version of the app installed and it had not been updated to the new version. As it is, you cannot get the new version onto the phone now.

Stephane

1 Like

Ok, thanks. Is there any way to re-install the older version?

Hi,
There is a site that has them (though we do not support the site). You should note that installing an older version, means that all the bug fixes done would not be resolved within the older version. See the following link https://apkpure.com/kobocollect/org.koboc.collect.android

Stephane

2 Likes

Thanks so much, it worked!

1 Like

I would like to ask how the kobocollect app works? I mean the recent version is not compitable with older android version? Is it something like this? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Tamim,

Yes, the recent versions of the Collect android apps are only compatible with the latter versions of the android OS.

I just want to know by “letter version” what do you mean? I mean the latest kobo collect app on playstore support till which previous version of android? Thanks & Regards.

The latest version that is available publicly in the play store is KoBoCollect v1.28.0.

Dear Kal_Lam,

we are experiencing the same problem. We cannot download the latest version of the Kobo Collect App on an Android version 8.1 that cannot be updated. We tried your recommendations (downloading Kobo by the website you had previously linked above) but it does NOT work. Could you please recommend us an alternative solution? Thank you so much.

@dottorlamberti, did you mean you were unable to download the latest version of the app from the playstore too?

Yes I mean precisely that!

@dottorlamberti, maybe it could be your device’s issue. I would recommend making a factory reset to see if that should help. But be careful to back up your vital information before you make a factory reset.

An alternative approach to get the latest version of the KoboCollect android app is by visiting this GitHub Repository.

The link is no more functional. Please do you have another address to download older version for Samsung Tab2 7.0 P3100?

Welcome to the community, @Longman! Please check this post …

… the latest version of the KoboCollect android app is by visiting this GitHub Repository.