Automatic recording, Transcription and Translation of Interview Audio & Remote Phone Surveys

Dear community…

I found this tweet from @zkerravala. Is this true ? If so, can it be done? thank you

Could you also share us the source of the same. I am afraid, KoBoToolbox at the moment does not have this feature yet.

You can check : https://publish.twitter.com/?query=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fzkerravala%2Fstatus%2F1321140065704132608&widget=Tweet

Dear, @Kal_Lam ,

How is it now? I saw the Kobo release the Transcript function this month. May you share the Xls form or any clue to run this function?

Many thanks in advance,
Phaly

1 Like

@sreangphaly, this is a work in progress feature. Maybe you could follow the same through our Announcement (Roadmap) page.

Will however update you when this feature is live.

@akoh, @sreangphaly, if you are interested in testing the NLP feature for the automatic translation of audio questions, please feel free to sign up for this Beta Tester Request Form as outlined in our announcement:

Thank you again for showing interest in helping improve KoboToolbox and its new features!

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam

My teammates and I signed up to be beta testers a couple months ago when it was first offered and none of us ever heard back. Is it still possible to be a tester?

1 Like

Hi @mike.destaubin, I will update this with @tinok.

1 Like

Hi @Kal_Lam @tinok any update on this?

1 Like

Thanks for following up @mike.destaubin and for signing up to be a beta tester. We received a lot of requests and are only sending out limited invites at a time. If you haven’t already received an invite message you will probably receive one soon!

2 Likes

Ok thanks for the response. We’ve had a project in mind to pilot the feature with 10 qualitative interviews in Spanish, but will likely need to go ahead if we don’t recieve invite soon.

1 Like

Hi @mike.destaubin, I just confirmed that you were included in the most recent batch of beta tester invites. We are adding requesters on a rolling basis for now. We look forward to your feedback!

1 Like