Dear KoBoToolbox team,
related to different answers in various threads concerning browser issues, some general question, please:
- Which browsers are fully supported by KoBoToolbox, esp. Enketo? (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari)
- Which browser versions are supported (in the recent KoBoToolbox)?
- Which browser configuration is needed (or recommended), like private mode enabled?
- Are there further important guidelines for Browser usage for KoBo?
- Against which browsers do you run tests for a new Enketo release?
This may help the community to better understand and follow the KoBo strategy. Also, an integrated support article on Browser usage would be great.
Thanks in advance.
Here some pieces from different threads
… we recommend upgrading to a recent version of one of the following excellent modern browsers Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera. Modern Browsers
… Enketo doesn’t support Internet Explorer anymore: see “Farewell Internet Explorer” on (https://blog.enketo.org/). Firefox or Chrome would be best, but if you’re not able to install anything new, Edge should work … (Forms won't load from bookmark...blue loading circle - #3 by jnm)
… prevent automatic updates of the browsers before you have made your submissions Forms won't load from bookmark...blue loading circle - #10 by stephanealoo
At the moment there are very few hints on the support pages
… (Chrome preferred) on your mobile device… We recommend users to use Chrome as their browser while working with web forms.
Offline data collection works in any modern browser. … On iOS we only recommend Chrome or Safari