Can't collect location (map) on mobile

I’ve created a form that will be filled out on mobile devices. The core function of the form is the ability to collect location data. The problem is the location collection section does not work on my mobile device. I would like to use the point feature but the map does not show up on mobile. Is there a way to get the map to work on mobile?

Thanks
Zaylan

Hi @zaylanj,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind sharing with us the following so that we could have a closer look to your issue at our end:

• Your xlsform (with only the location question in it)
  • The screenshot of your device which is not able to capture the location question

Also please let us know the mode of data collection (KoBoCollect android app or Enketo) that you are trying to use so that we too try it on the same.

Have a great day!

Hey Kal,

I just tried but it says new users are unable to upload files. Could your remove this impediment from my account?

Thanks!

Hi @zaylanj,

You should now be able to share it with us. Would you mind trying it again.

Have a great day!

geopoint data collection.xls (26.5 KB)

I am using Enketo.

I would like the map to populate on the mobile form so that my respondents can report on their location by placing a point on the map.

Thanks!

Hi @zaylanj,

I see a typo error for the appearance that you have been using placement_map. Try changing the same with placement-map and it should work smoothly for you.

Corrected xlsform:
geopoint data collection.xls (32.5 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

Kal,

That worked great! Thanks so much man.

Best,
Zaylan

1 Like