On June 14, 2021 we will remove a number of components of this legacy user interface for viewing project data (also known as kobocat). Thank you to everyone who has participated in our survey over the last months and for responding to the forum discussion. This updated version has allowed us to upgrade kobocat’s source code and dependencies to ensure proper data security in the long run, and lower the amount of work needed to maintain it.
- You will be able to sync all your forms that were deployed directly (and ONLY) in the legacy interface to make them available as projects in the regular interface (as requested on the forum).
- Form uploads will only be supported through the regular interface. Note that even if a setting form configuration is not supported yet in the formbuilder, you can deploy the form from there and it will work the same way as deployed through the legacy interface.
- Parts of the legacy interface will continue to be available for a few more months. After this, the kobocat component will serve for its core responsibility, receiving and storing survey submission data.
- The API will continue to work as before.
- Adding background documents
- Generate a QR code containing an Enketo data-entry URL
- “Advanced Downloads (beta)” (which were an outdated version of the exports offered in the new interface and have been removed from the legacy interface)
- View submissions in the browser, either individually, in a table, or on a map
- Share data publicly without requiring others to sign in
- Deploy XLSForms: Form uploads will only be supported through the regular interface. (Note that even if a form configuration is not supported yet in the formbuilder, you can deploy the form there and it will work the same way as deployed through the legacy interface.)
- For the time being, you can also continue to export data from the legacy interface (XLS, CSV, KML, ZIP).
- Create auto report of submission data
- Launch Enketo to preview a form, add submissions, or edit submissions
- Delete submissions or entire projects
- Form media and all other settings will be handled directly in the regular interface.
- “Accept Submissions: No” in the legacy interface is now called “Archived”
- Get instructions for configuring the Collect Android application
- Download the XLSForm or XForm (XML) of of a project’s form definition
- Modify account information
For an exhaustive technical list of changes, see kobocat/REMOVALS.md at beta · kobotoolbox/kobocat · GitHub [this, however, does include things that are now available in KPI].
|Removed legacy interface features||Equivalent features in new interface|
|User profile settings tab (
||Account settings page that can be found in the drop-down menu in the top-right of the UI (
|Project settings drop down menu
||Project “SETTINGS” tab (
|Attaching background documents (access to existing documents will be maintained)
||No equivalent, but existing background documents can still be downloaded.|
|Data table (
||Project “DATA” tab > “Table” (
|Analyse data (
||Project “DATA” tab > “Reports”
|“Enter data in browser” button (
||Project “FORM” tab > “Collect data” heading (
|“How to collect data on mobile device?” button and modal
||Collecting data instructions are now listed in the new interface’s Form tab. Please refer to the support article here.|
||Project “SUMMARY” tab > “Quick Links” menu > “Preview form” button
|Download form (
||Project “FORM” tab >