Create PDF from Sent From in Kobo Collect

Hi, I would like to save the sent forms from KoBo Collect in PDF. Is this possible?

Hi @anna,

Welcome to the community! Is this something that you are looking for that has been discussed earlier:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. My question is related to filled in questionnaires. If I collect data using the app, submit it, and then would like to save the submitted form as a pdf from the app.

Hi @anna,

Kindly please be informed that the collected data from KoBoCollect android app cannot be saved as a PDF file. However, you could do the same once the data reaches the KoBoToolbox server. For this try following the steps outlined below:

• Select the project.
  • Go to DATA>Table.
  • Select the case (record/interview) by pressing the pen like EDIT icon as shown in the image below:

• The form opens up in a different page. Select the printer icon as shown in the image below:

Image 2

• Change the Destination to Save as PDF and then press Save as shown in the image below:

• Now save your PDF to an appropriate location.

Have a great day!

1 Like

Unfortunately this means we have to grant “edit submission” permissions to users even if we only want them to view/print-to-pdf.

I’ve put a suggestion in the box to allow view only version of the submission:

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello,
There is also a print option from submission modal View (eye). But this (standard) print from View mode includes ALL variables. e.g… hidden, calculates and internals like username.

Hint: The print output from View mode (eye) and from Edit mode (pencil) are rather different in style and content, and from Edit the pdf is much longer.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the steps. Can I use the steps above to grab all the responses and save them as PDFs in one go? Currently, I need to download one by one for each response to save them as separate PDFs. Thank you