Data export recently failing

Hi All,

I am trying to download data as xsl from a form I have deployed, via “Data”–>“Download”–>“Exports”.
All the exports I am creating yield “Export Failed”, with the following error message “Mismatched labels and translations: [FormName][Spanish (es), None] 1!=2”.

Those exports used to work perfectly fine, and stopped working after leaving the form a little while (as far as I could see at least!).

After a bit of testing, I think I was able to pinpoint where the issue is coming from:

In the Xls form: I have the ‘label’ and ‘hint’ columns of the survey tab, and the ‘label’ of the choices tab set-up in Spanish (ie “label::Spanish (es)”. In ‘settings’, default_language is ‘Spanish (es)’. This is the only language I have set-up in that form.

I have one ‘select_one_from_file xxx.csv’ question, with parameters set to “value=project_id,label=label”, where project_id and label match columns in the .csv file.

If I remove ‘::Spanish (es)’ from the label and name columns throughout the form, then my exports work
Alternatively, if I remove the select_one_from_file question, they also work.
So it looks like the issue is coming from the interaction of these two features (multi-language support and select from external .csv files).

My questions would be: Is there a way to use both those features together? I tried changing ‘label’ to ‘label::Spanish (es)’ in the select_one_from_file question parameters, but I am told only ‘label’ is valid. Adding “label::Spanish (es)” in the .csv headers does not seem to do the trick either.
(And again, I am really sure it used to work just a few weeks ago!)

Thanks a lot for your support!

@Mat23, would you mind sharing with me the following information through a private message so that I could have a closer look at your case:

  • Username
  • Project name
  • Server

Note: You could share with me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously:

Hi @Kal_Lam,

Thanks for reaching out! Just sent you a message privately.

1 Like

Hello,

I have also been experiencing this error with trying to download recent data:

Thanks for your support in advance!

Message: Am trying to download data (XLS) but it is saying export failed. I don’t know what could be the problem. All along I was able to do that but this morning when I tried to download, it failed. Please help.

It is saying internal server error (500). What could be the issue now, I the data desperately for analysis but am held up with this new issue. Please help.

Welcome to the community, @Izabel! We are investigating the issue and will get back to you as soon as we resolve it. cc: @briannasilele

I´m having the same issue. I´m waiting also for some help.
Thank you
Andrea

@Kal_Lam thanks for looking into this!

As an additional bit of info:

As I mentioned before, I am able to get the export to work via Data → Download → Exports as long as removed the “::Spanish (es)” from my Xls form.

However, I used to be able to export the data to Google Sheet using:
=IMPORTDATA(“https://kf.kobotoolbox.org/api/v2/assets/{asset_uid}/export-settings/{setting_uid}/data.csv",";”)

This also seems to have stop working (even for forms for which the ‘manual’ export is working):

I don’t know if that is related to the same issue, but sounds like it might be the case!

If someone else is able to get that GSheet export to work, please let me know!

EDIT: Nevermind, that one was an error on my side, my apologies :slight_smile: