Dynamic Attachment(Linking is failing in Enketo App but works in Mobile App)

Hello Team,
Thank you for your great support in this community. I recently developed a form linking it dynamically with another form, using dynamic data attachment. the form works well in, Mobile App but the follow up form does not open up in Enketo.

Welcome to the community, @salimadam! Have you tried the sample files shared in our support article?

Kindly please let us know what happens.

@Kal_Lam Thank you very much for your quick response. Can you kindly direct me to the sample files, I have surfed all the links in the article but I have not seen any sample xlxs files? .

The referenced support article Dynamic Data Attachments — KoboToolbox documentation has some links in the Dynamically linking projects in XLSForm section - click through to parent project and child project to see the relevant XLSForms.

All the best!

1 Like

Thank you very much

1 Like

Hello @nat and @Kal_Lam . I downloaded the sample survey form thus round 1 and round 2. i tried running it and it gave me the same error as, i get in my own form.

But like, i stated earlier, it works well on mobile, but gives this report on the web version.

Hello,

I also got the same error. But it seems that this issue hasn’t been addressed. Can anyone please give us an update on this? Thanks!

Kindly try the mobile version, I realized it fails on the enketo form but works on theobile version

Thanks for your response! So, does this mean that this Dynamic Attachment feature only works with the mobile app, and not on the web(Enketo)? In other words, is it okay to say that this error is not a bug, but rather a limitation for the platform?

I can’t really tell. but per my experience, it did not work on the web(Enketo) but worked well with Mobile App

Its opposite to me.
Works in Enketo but not in mobile. :frowning: