Error-text not localizable for default locale

Hi all,
I’m brand new today to Kobo so apologies if some of my issues are a bit mundane!

I have programmed a basic questionnaire into Kobo Designer. It worked well mostly apart from having issues when I tried to change the order of questions- often, I would get an error on that question and would then not be able to edit it further.

I know want to test my questionnaire on a Nexus 7. I have saved the form in the odk/forms folder but when I click on Fill blank form on Kobo Collect, I get the error ‘A01-hint’: text is not localizable for default locale (English)! I have checked that question and it is a GPS question- although all language is in English.

Any suggestions welcome!

I have attached my questionnaire so you can see.

Thanks in advance,
Jackie

Household survey.xml (27 KB)

Here’s your problem:

You can see that in the question above, it refers to a piece of text labelled ‘A01-hint’, but in the itext section, there is no text for it to call on, it should follow this bit for A01:

QuestionA01

So, it could be that KoBoForm lost your hint. This might be a bug caused by dragging questions around, we’re looking into it. In the meantime, you can add the missing bit into the itext. The order doesn’t matter, but you should just add it in there, probably right after A01 for convenience.

QuestionA01

This is the text for the hint.

Do the same thing with any other missing bits of text.

~Neil

···

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Jackie Cook jackie...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all,
I’m brand new today to Kobo so apologies if some of my issues are a bit mundane!

I have programmed a basic questionnaire into Kobo Designer. It worked well mostly apart from having issues when I tried to change the order of questions- often, I would get an error on that question and would then not be able to edit it further.

I know want to test my questionnaire on a Nexus 7. I have saved the form in the odk/forms folder but when I click on Fill blank form on Kobo Collect, I get the error ‘A01-hint’: text is not localizable for default locale (English)! I have checked that question and it is a GPS question- although all language is in English.

Any suggestions welcome!

I have attached my questionnaire so you can see.

Thanks in advance,
Jackie

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users?hl=en.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.