Errors loading ODK XML files

Hi all:

I have tried to import some XML forms created for ODK Collect using the import form function of KoboToolBox. The following errors appear.

1. Error: list indices must be integers, not str
    XForm imports are not fully supported. Please check the correctness of the resulting survey.

and

1. Error: maximum recursion depth exceeded
    XForm imports are not fully supported. Please check the correctness of the resulting survey.

Any thoughts on how can I solve this errors and import the forms?

Thank you so much.,

Alvaro

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for the feedback. Because XML forms created for Collect can be formatted in many different ways, the current import feature only supports a number of simple cases, especially importing the XML created from the old XML-based KoBoForm product. Since most users are using XLSForms these days, importing from XML only is sought by only a few people anymore.

We’ll expand the feature in the future to allow imports from a wider range of sources, including from ODK Build. If you share your form with us we can make sure to test it during this expansion to make sure it works as well.

Best,

Tino

···

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Alvaro Cobo coboa...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all:

I have tried to import some XML forms created for ODK Collect using the import form function of KoboToolBox. The following errors appear.

and

Thank you so much.,

Alvaro

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo-...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Tino,

I can not find the XML form import feature in the new interface - Can you guide me ? Where to find it? It seems I can only import xlsfrom (not XML…)

I have leagacy XML forms definition that I would like to convert into xslform -What are my options?

Thanks a lot,
Edouard

···

Le vendredi 28 août 2015 16:53:59 UTC+3, Tino Kreutzer a écrit :

Hi Alvaro,
Thanks for the feedback. Because XML forms created for Collect can be formatted in many different ways, the current import feature only supports a number of simple cases, especially importing the XML created from the old XML-based KoBoForm product. Since most users are using XLSForms these days, importing from XML only is sought by only a few people anymore.

We’ll expand the feature in the future to allow imports from a wider range of sources, including from ODK Build. If you share your form with us we can make sure to test it during this expansion to make sure it works as well.

Best,

Tino

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 3:14 PM, Alvaro Cobo cobo...@gmail.com wrote:

Hi all:

and

Thank you so much.,

Alvaro

–

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups “Kobo Users” group.

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to kobo-users+...@googlegroups.com.

To post to this group, send email to kobo...@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/kobo-users.

For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Hi Edouard,

Did you get a resolution to your XML to XLS conversion issue? If so, can you please share it with me.

I also have a legacy XML file I want to convert to XLSform to modify for a new project.

Thanks,
Suha

Hi @Suha325
When finding an automated way to convert the XML to XLS you should always note that the converted file must still confirm to the requirements for XLS forms as can be seen here.
Regards
Stephane

1 Like