Form flow blocked after repeat_count was reduced (Preview/Enketo, style = pages)

Description

In Enketo (Preview), the flow of the form in style pages (settings) BLOCKS after the repeat group (with a repeat_count) when you go back and reduce the value of the repeat_count variable (e.g. from 3 to 2).

Steps to Reproduce

See XLSForm attached, with Remarks. (Keep settings style = pages)
BugIV_01.xlsx (29.7 KB)

1. Import form and Preview
  2. Enter 3 for Total of HH members
  3. Fill names
  4. Go back and reduce Total
  5. You will be blocked after the repeat group now

Expected behavior

Similar behavior like when NOT pages style.
Form should not block. But move to the next page/variable.

Actual behavior

See example

Additional details

XLSForm, OCHA. Current Preview (15/06/2020).

A similar bug was reported earlier (for no repeat_count), already (unfortunately never replied): Form flow blocked if last repeat deleted (Preview/Enketo, with style = pages)

There is also a bug in KoBoCollect, but with different behavior: In Collect reduction of repeat_count does NOT reduce the cases… We will report it later.

Hi @wroos,

Thank you for flagging this out! While going through it roughly, it seems to be a bug. Will have a deeper look at it and get back to you soon.

Have a great day!

Hello @Kal_Lam,
thanks for your quick reply. It’s probably a bug, as it works as expected if you remove style = pages in settings sheet. (See also the similar but for cumulative repeat.)
To get it solved is very important for us, as we use an advanced repeat group features and cross-reference between HH roster and individual repeats.
Kind regards

Hi @wroos,

Yes, i have tested it again and it seems to work fine with Collect android app viz. KoBoCollect and ODK Collect while it does not work as it should with in Enketo .

Could you kindly create a GitHub issue here for the Enketo . Let me know if i should create a GitHub issue for you.

cc: @martijnr kindly please advise if you would like to add anything on this one as well.

Have a great day!

1 Like