Formatting Image

Hi,
I want to display an image. so, i have taken a text field with read_only to true() and set the image. Is there any other option to just display the image to the user. Also, i want to know how can i increase the height / width of the image to be displayed.
Attaching a sample xlsform for your reference.Image.xlsx (46.0 KB)

Hi @khasaab,

You could design your survey form which contains image as follows:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image 0.2

Data Entry Screen (as seen in Enketo):

Reference xlsform:
Image Question Type.xls (34.5 KB)

Regarding your query:

Please be informed that the size of the image depends upon the size and dimension of the file you upload. You could know the size and dimension of the file you upload by following the instructions outlined below:

• Right click the image
  • Select Properties
  • Under the Details tab, view the Width and Height under the Image (as shown in the image below).
  • Additionally, you could also learn more about the file size by looking down under the Details tab and view the Size under the File (as shown in the image below),

For more details, please feel free to have a look at the support article Adding media to your form.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Ok @Kal_Lam , but the question I think @khasaab have, and I have also now is how to modify the size of the image as showed in the form: I see it have a maximum with of 70%, so,
can I modify the max-width property to another desired value??
Thanks a lot!!

@aortegon, you will need to use a lower resolution image for a smaller image to be displayed in your form and a higher resolution image to display it as a larger image.

Thanks @Kal_Lam
I think I have not well explained what I want.
The image bellow show the actual look of my form:

Whats I want is that the logo extends over all the page width, so I must modify the property max-with, from its actual prefixed value of 70% to 100%.

For other hand, concerning the text formating: with the use of <span style:"…> I can modify the font-size, font-weight, etc… but I can’t modify text-align to set it equal to center: If I use <span style:“text-align: center”> it has no effect!! So, there is some manner to modify text-align??

You got that correct, @aortegon! This is not supported with KoBoToolbox at the moment.

Ok, thanks!!

1 Like

Hi Kalm, my image dimension is high but the image is still appearing small.
Is there a way to manipulate it in the xls file? i would like it to cover over 80% of the space

@Bertha, maybe you will also need to check out the size of the image? That too should affect the picture size in the form.