Group questions Data

I have a problem in collect grouping question. I use to collect data by ODK collect. Fill up group question and also repeat this group but i did not found these question answer when i download my all collect data. There is show only single question data.

Hi @fieldwork19,

Welcome to the community! The group question that you fill through Enketo, KoBoCollect android app or the ODKCollect android app stays along with the main dataset. However, the repeat group question that you collect form the above mentioned stays in a different sheet (with the name that you have grouped the question) of the xls dataset that you download.

GOOD DAY!

Hi @Kal_Lam
I couldn’t find it. please tell me about which types off xls sheet. when i download xls sheet i found only single question answer. not repeat group question answer.
Thank you for information.

Hi @fieldwork19,

Please have a look at the image attached below. It’s a sample of the xls dataset downloaded from the KoBoToolbox server.

Image%201111

1 viz. Survey is the sheet containing the main dataset. 2 viz. D_O_O is the sheet containing the repeat group responses. Similarly, 3 viz. DO_O is the sheet containing the repeat group responses.

So, generally in a dataset you will have only one 1 sheet while you may have many sheets like 2 or 3 (depending upon your questionnaire).

Besides, please note that if you do not have repeat group questions in your questionnaire or if you do have but have not filled up the same due to skip logics you will not see the same.

GOOD DAY!

2 Likes

Hi @Kal_Lam
Thank you :smiley:
another question, can i open both worksheet and analysis at a time in one datasheet in spss?

Hi @fieldwork19,

You will need to merge the datasets (in either SPSS, stata or similar third party software) and then analyze as per your need.

A discussion has happened in the past in the community forum, which outlines on merging the dataset (roster dataset and main dataset):

GOOD DAY!

1 Like