How to retrieve information on household members

I must carry out a household survey with ODK Collect. My problem lies in relationships one to many.I must register each member of the household with information about it. But I noticed that on the kobotoolbox.org server we can not retrieve information about household members. I would like to have help to solve this type of problem. thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi @gnanou,

Design your household roster questionnaire in the survey tab using the following simple example sourced from http://xlsform.org

type name label repeat_count
integer num_hh_members Number of household members?
begin repeat hh_member ${num_hh_members}
text name Name
integer age Age
select_one male_female gender Gender
end repeat

Note: You will see your household roster data in a different sheet while downloading the dataset (xls format) after data collection.

Hi,
I think, the questions are on the necessary unique ID relations between different data levels/modules: HH // HH Roster // Individual questions for each or selected members:

Hi
I have responded to the issue on the other forum component you had indicated. This is a repeat of the same though.

Hi
When you need to do a complete household roster with all the functionalities mentioned above, this could be one of the work arounds.

• If you intend to create a household roster with with a lot of dependency constraints, then the repeat groups may not be the best option

• You may have to create a first question that determines the number of household members and ensure that the subsequent questions appear only if the household member threshold meets what you expect.

• You need to create a number of questions for each variable e.g. age1 age2 age3 age4 etc and make it relevant for the preceding one

• You then need to be able to reference your questions as needed.

See the example in this link HouseholdListingRandomSelection.xls (36 KB)

Regards
Stephane

1 Like