I could not pull validation_status column through API xls or csv from power query

I was trying to pull the data via KOBO API to excel using power query but I could not pull the validation_status column - it is editable in the table form, why and how to pull it ?
When I download the excel, I can find it, but via API No, so why ?

Hi @hannaAkilan,

Welcome to the community! Kindly please be informed that the issue has already been flagged to the developers. FYI:

Will update you once the issue is solved.

Have a great day!

Thanks Kam, hope they will fix this soon.

1 Like

Is there any other way that I can automate the download of the data from Kobo including the validation status field. Happy to hear if there is any workaround ?

Hi @hannaAkilan
Unfortunately API is the most tested approach towards automating data downloads. As it is, we may need to wait for the resolution of the issue.

Stephane

Hi @Kal_Lam Just wanted to ask whether this has been resolved (or if there’s a workaround). Thanks!

@SNB, @hannaAkilan kindly please be informed that users should now be able to see the validation status even when pulling data to Excel Power Query:

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thanks so much for this! Is this only for connecting with .csvs? It seems like the valdiation_status column is now working if I use the API to download a csv, but not for xlsx files.

Thanks!
Mark

1 Like

@mark.buttweiler, you should be able to see the validation status column even when downloading your data as CSV format or XLS format.

Hi @Kal_Lam and @mark.buttweiler,

I can confirm that I have the same issue as Mark. When using the .xls(x) format the validation status column does not apper. When using .csv it does. The .csv work around works for me so no big issue there, just wanted to inform the both of you.

Thanks for all the help and usefull information!

Kindest regards,

Niels

Thank you, @niels396, for bringing this to our attention!

Hi @Kal_Lam

just wanted to know that if it is solved ? as still i am not able to get validation column in Power bi by using .xlsx

Cheers !

Neeraj

@caneeraj, have you tried using the CSV format to see if it works?

Hi @caneeraj, please note that the v2 API exports from KPI (the kf URL) is the primary method for data exports and you will be able to get the validation status from there. You can refer to the Synchronous Exports description in the release notes here if that is suitable for your use case:

1 Like