JR:CHOICE-NAME not working with other from a select multiple question to a repeat group

Hi everyone
I’m stuck in such situation
I have multiple choice question:
1- what did you received from me? the choices are ‘milk’ ‘apple’ ‘banana’ and ‘other’
2- if other please specify
then it will open a repeat group, the number of repeats depends on the numbers of choices selected from the question-1, if just 1 selected it will open 1 repeat if more it will open repeats depending on number as well
so, the repeat will contain 2 question
begin_repeat
3- rate **,
4- explain it why you rate ** like this
end_repeat
now, if the user selected ‘milk’ ‘apple’ ‘banana’ and ‘other’ (that is mean all choices), I can’t put the answer of ‘if other please specify’ question after between ** after ‘rate’
I can put all of ‘milk’ ‘apple’ ‘banana’ choices or just ‘if other …’ ansewe spreatly, how write the correct code in XLSForm to optain all of the choices ‘milk’ ‘apple’ ‘banana’ and ‘other’s answer’ ?

Welcome to the community @musto! You could do the same as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:

Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

1. Select other and then type Mango within other please specify text.

1. After this de-select Other and then again select Other. This should allow you to make the mango visible within the repeat groups as shared in the image below.

1. Mango is now visible within the repeat group questions.

Data entry screen as seen in KoBoCollect android app:

1. Select other.

1. Specify Mango.

1. Mango is now visible within the repeat group question.

1. Mango is now visible within the repeat group question.

Reference xlsform:

Repeat Count.xlsx (28.5 KB)

Note: At the moment you need to make a small effort while collecting data with Enketo but at the same time, you are able to view it smoothly with Collect android app. Maybe @martijnr would be able to add to this.

1 Like