KoBo - Tips & Tricks (Power BI, email notifications, listing projects etc.)

The forum runs on a completely different software though.

hi @Kal_Lam

I need help on my Body Json Schema

I past the code here

{

"type": "object",

"properties": {

"form_title": {"QUESTIONNAIRE D'EVALUATION RAPIDE DU NIVEAU DE RECOUVREMENT HEBDOMADAIRE DU 04 AU 08 AVRIL 2022"

"type": "string"

},

"_id": {1052861

"type": "integer"

},

},

}

Hello @bareta Thank you for the link and it is really useful. I would like to ask particularly on Email notifications.
When I send email notification via Power Automate inserting Kobo data, it send the data value rather than the labels. Is there a way to send the label (which is readable by anyone), not the values? Thank you so much in advance.

Hi @k_edwin, This uses kobo REST services (which pass the value not the lable), so you would probably need to set something up on the Power Automate level (join it with a lookup list or something).

Another simple solution might be to add a calculation in your form that uses jr:choice-name( selected-at(${q1}, 0), ‘${q1}’). (just replace q1 with the question name)

This will store the question label in the calculation question, and you can make these calculations for the questions you are showing in the email. Not ideal, but should work - especially if you are not sending a lot of “questions” via email.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @bareta . The second option really worked for me immediately. I’ll also try the first solution. It is a great learning process. Cheers.

2 Likes