Login asked to fill survey

Hi everyone,

I’m stucked when I want to share my survey : it’ll ask people to login in order to answer the questions. I went to check the box in user’s settings (‘Require login authentification…’) and it is not ticked.

Form is made publicly accessible from link.

How can render it absolutely free to access?

Thank you,

jpnchn

Hi @jpnchn,

Welcome to the community! At the moment it seems like you are getting the following dialogue box when trying to submit your filled up form (from Enketo) to the KoBoToolbox server.

Image 0

This is because, you have checked the Require authentication to see forms and submit data (as shown in the image below) under your ACCOUNT SETTINGS (from where you usually logout from your KoBoToolbox user account.

Solution: 1

• Un-check the Require authentication to see forms and submit data from your user account.
  • If your enumerators are stuck with the Login Required dialogue box (as shown in the image above) to submit the collected form, request them to login using their own user account (or if possible you could also provide them your user account credentials by changing the password) to submit the collected forms. Else, if you do not login you are not able to submit the collected forms to the server. However, you could also upload the submissions manually (as an alternate workaround) as outlined in the support article here.
  • If the enumerators have already logged in to a user account to submit the forms request them to logout as shown in the image below:

• Once the user have logged out (following the instruction as outlined in the above image), they get a confirmation message as shown below:

Image 2

Solution: 2

You could use this solution as a last try (if and only if solution 1 is not working for you). Else i would request you to use solution 1.

As solution 2, you could clear the cache of your browser. But it only works once you have un-checked the Require authentication to see forms and submit data from your user account.

Please be cautious while trying solution 2, as you may also loose your collected data (that has not been sent to the server).

Have a great day!

2 Likes