Options for select one question are displayed differently

agWpQeATFZBmUqntpntZwG (1).xlsx (29.4 KB)

dear Kal_lam please find attached the xls form

Would you please tell me what is causing the issue, because after every update I am facing issues. If you recall during the last update I faced issue with repeat group questions and now after yesterdays update facing a new issue. Would you please find what is wrong with the form or the web

@rohith_kumar, are you still having issue with this issue outlined in the post? I had a look at your xlsform and they seems to be OK. Could you be more specific regarding what is behaving differently so that we could help you out.

Hi @rohith_kumar
Could you please clarify which update you are referencing here? Definitely there is an issue with how your data is displaying compared to what has been input.

1 Like

I am facing the issue after the update Version 2.020.52b which took place on 30dec

Dear Kal_lam I am still facing the issue.

Everything is fine during the data collection, but when I am viewing the submitted form, the options selected for multiple select and select one are displayed differently, but when I click edit forms, the options selected for those questions are displayed fine.

After the recent update on 30dec, I have started facing this issue

OK, would you mind sharing with us the following information (through a private message) so that we could have a look at it:

• User name
  • Project name
  • Sever
  • _id (that has the issue reported above)

Hello,
You have some choice Item names NOT corresponding to the KoBo/ODK rules;
“<2000” and “>20000” (Choice List za9li29)
“<5000” and >20000" (jy98g94)
“100+” (sk5ix55)…
Should better be fixed, but might not be the cause of the reported problem.

[http://xlsform.org/en/#basic-format 2](http://xlsform.org/en/#basic-format 2)
The name column specifies the unique variable (or choice) name for that entry. … Names have to start with a letter or an underscore. Names can only contain letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, and periods.

Not following this naming rule might also create problems for export, e.g. SPSS labels.

1 Like

Hi @rohith_kumar,

Did you ever make updates to your survey project?

what kind of updates.
The form is a new form deployed a couple weeks ago

Will get back to you soon!

Dear Kal_lam, I was wondering if there is any update on the issue

@rohith_kumar,

I tried replicating your issue by taking only the question from your xlsform but could not. Would you mind trying it with the xlsform that i tried.

Label Issues.xlsx (11.1 KB)

Dear Kal_lam, I have deployed the xls file which you have shared. It is working fine individually but my concern is why there is issue with my form.

I have noticed that after the updates in kobo and enketo web I have started facing issues. Why this is happening. I cannot always change the form and deploy after each updates. The form have to work fine irrespective of the updates, but unfortunately this is not happening.

Previously after the update in enketo web, I was not able to edit the repeat group data so I have to remove the constraint suggested by you and now after the update in kobo I am facing issues with the lable display. Why is this happening like this.

In the previous message of yours, you have mentioned that there is no issue with the form but what is the actual problem that is causing the issue.

1 Like

Hi @rohith_kumar,

Thank you for confirming that it has now worked smoothly at your end. Kindly please be informed that Enketo 2.6.0 had a bug hence KoBoToolbox is downgrading Enketo to 2.5.6 as discussed here:

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

Dear Kal_lam,

Downgrade has not done any good and the problem still continues.

1 Like

Hello,
We encounter the same problem, in View of cases. Labels are mixed up. Some double, some disappear.
View shows different (BUG) to choice list in XLSForm (all checks Ok) and different to Export (Ok).

It’s not related to From changes, this is the first version deployed.
Might be again a parsing bug?

1 Like

Hi @wroos,

Could you share with us a screenshot of the issue so that we could have a closer look of this issue.

Hello @Kal_Lam,
See here, please

Kind regards

2 Likes

The problem with incorrect choice labels being displayed should now be fixed. Thank you for your patience!

2 Likes