Select-one-from-repeats not supported in KoBoToolbox

Hi,

I have just come across the "select-one-from-repeats’ function in ODK documentation and would like to use it on a form. The form loads in xlsform online but it does not deploy in KoboTool box. Is this function not enable in KoboToolBox at this stage or could there be a problem I am missing?

Thanks

Welcome back to the community @Rusti! Yes, this feature at the moment is not supported in KoBoToolbox as it’s only compatible with applications that uses pyxform v1.3.1 and greater. FYI, please be informed that KoBoToolbox still uses the lower version of the pyxform.

Thanks for the response Kal.

1 Like

Hello,
It would be great, if KoBoToolbox can find a way to allow users to deploy forms valid for the current ODK version. Even if not yet implemented in KoBo (like meanwhile allowing audit type in Formbuilder).

As partly recommended, many users use ODK Collect together with KoBoToolbox and it’s servers. And interesting new features cannot be used because KoBo doesn’t allow to deploy those forms.

1 Like

@Rusti, @wroos, kindly please be informed that I have created a GitHub issue for this feature. You could follow the same here …

1 Like

Thanks Kal, it would be very useful to have this feature in Kobo.

1 Like

@Rusti, @wroos, kindly be informed that the select_one from repeat feature is now available with KoBoToolbox with the upgrade of pyxform. You could design your survey project as outlined in the image shared below:

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:

select-one-from-repeats.xlsx (8.9 KB)

For more details on other new features, please feel free to go through our release note:

1 Like

Hello Kal,

Thank you very much for this, I will look into updating my forms to make use of this function.

I appreciate all the development that does into these platforms.

Regards,

Russell

1 Like

Hello, I would like to give a select-multiple option from repeats in just the same way but it seems this is not supported?

Thanks,
Helen

Have just found a workable solution here:

1 Like

Welcome to the community, @hcb101! Thank you for sharing this with the entire community! :clap: :heart: :partying_face: