Skip logic in Question Matrix

Hi, I have trouble to find a way to put skip logic for Matrix question. eg. Q1 is a Matrix question 4x4 and, and Q2 is a normal yes-no question, I want if particular Q1 row 1 =Yes, I want it to skip Q2.

Please anyone can walk me through!

Many thanks in advance!

Hi @sengkrisna,

Please see the sample attached file with skip logic for a matrix question.
Matrix Questions with Skips.xls (47.5 KB)

Many thanks

1 Like

Hi Kal_Lam,
I was wondering, why after download xls form and then put it back all the matrix question in the KOBO design become separated? could you please help me out, please!

Also, the skip logic for Matrix question doesn’t work! for example in the picture: Q28 for the column D. I want it to appear only if Column A=2, B=2, AND C=2. Please advise me

Hi @sengkrisna,

Could you share your xlsform with Q28 so that we could provide you a sample of how the relevant should work.

Hi Kal_Lam,
I am running to another issue, becuase Matrix quesitons I dicided not to use KOBO collect app (cos it doesn’t work for Matrix), instead of using ENKETO, But now the issue is that it so slow: (note I have about 400 variables).

Is there anyway to make Matrix work in Kobo Collect? or what are the reasons that it going slow?

Many thanks in advance

Hi @sengkrisna,

Would like to let you know that Matrix Question works only with theme-grid settings which you will have to define in the settings tab of your xlsform or in your layout setting under the form builder user interface. And viewing theme-grid setting questions is only available in Enketo and not with KoBoCollect,

But the issue is that is so slow? why?

Thanks @Kal_Lam for your help. I decided to use number question type and group together all like minded questions. I appreciate that.

1 Like

Hi @pwrdftanzania,

Would it be possible to share the same with the community so that the community would also be able to learn the workaround you designed.

Have a great day!

Why not, you did it for me and i have to do it for others too (community). Please advice me, the modality to share what i did, should i share it here or in some question category? should i upload/download the excel file here or should i screen short my page and share it here?
Thanks again.

2 Likes

Hi @pwrdftanzania,

Thank you for being so generous. We would appreciate if you could share the screenshot of the Data entry form as seen in Enketo or as seen in KoBoCollect android app and also the xlsform (if it’s shareable).

Doing so the entire community would be able to learn from each other.

Thank you in advance!

Have a great day!

1 Like

Hello @Kal_Lam
This two excek forms show the differences especially on matrix questions as i requested to share what i did after strugling with matrix questions in KoboCollect app and lastly decided to split the questions into text type questionsBaseline form.xlsx (13.1 KB) Endline form.xlsx (15.0 KB)
Sorry for the delay, i had to make sure everything is Ok before i share.

1 Like

Hi @pwrdftanzania,

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and and making the community rich with documents! Expect the same in the upcoming days as well.

Have a great day!