Surveys disappear

Hi I am a development researcher and using Kobo as an individual researcher.

I realised that my kobo account shows empty pages on Chrome often and sometimes simply would not log in (saying the ID or password is incorrect). With the same ID and password, it works with MS edge without less problem, but I experienced the same issue with Safari today.

I had to refresh and log in so many times and finally was able to log in with Safari but still, on Chrome, it shows 0 survey - I have 3 deployed surveys).

I hope that they will no access issue to my data later. Please kindly let me know how to fix this error and if there is any way I can avoid it from happening. Thank you so much for your help in advance.

Welcome to the community, @Dawn! This could happen if your browser is outdated. Try updating your browser to its latest version, and that should help you use KoboToolbox smoothly. BTW, please also be informed that KoboToolbox is best supported with modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc. And these browsers should also be updated to their latest version.

Thanks, @Kal_Lam. All my browsers use the latest version. I am still not sure how half of the time I log in, it shows ‘incorrect password’ or no surveys appear. I am scared that I might lost my data.

@Dawn, would you mind trying with a different PC? I assume it’s an issue on the client’s side. Kindly please let us know what happens!

@Kal_lam, I tried with 3 different devices, Windows PC, ISO laptop and my mobile. All have the same issue I am afraid.

image001.jpg

Which server are you on? Are you on a self-hosted server or a public server hosted by KoboToolbox?

@Kal_Lam I am using the public server hosted by KoboToolbox.

@Dawn, could you provide me the following through a private message? Maybe I could have a closer look at your case.

• Username
  • Project name
  • Server

You should be able to send me a private message as outlined in the post discussed previously: