Why is my form on KoboCollect different from that on KoBoToolbox?

Hello,
I am developing a questionnaire on Kobo Toolbox, but when I try to open it on Kobo Collect it is a different for that I get, with a different name… how can this be?? Thank you very much,

Best,
Isabelle

Hi @ZAZAZOUTE,

Welcome to the community! KoBoCollect is an android application that can be installed on any android smartphone or tablet device while Enketo is a web application that works on any modern web browser (although highly recommend with Chrome). KoBoCollect and Enketo can work in tandem, meaning that a single form can be deployed at the same time with KoBoCollect and Enketo; there is no need to author separate forms for each. Your survey form (deployed through the KoBoToolbox server) thus on KoBoCollect looks different when viewed from Enketo as it is using two different platforms.

However there are slight differences with some functions when using the KoBoCollect and the Enketo while collecting data. For reference please see the details here.

1 Like

Dear Lam,

I am currently trying to visualize the form created with Kobo Toolbox, using Kobo Collect to check whether it works and how it looks.

Unfortunately, I cannot access the form created on Kobo Toolbox.

The form I see has another name and only 3 questions (whereas the true form has 700)

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much.
Best,
Isabelle

Hi @ZAZAZOUTE,

Have you checked your account? Are you sure you do not have the survey forms you have created? Have you deployed your survey form? Also please check out if you have accidentally deleted or archived your survey form.

Dear Lam,

The form has been successfully deployed. The thing is that we have been making many corrections to the form, so I was wondering wether there might be some hidden information from previous versions hiding somewhere that confuses Kobo. I am sorry if I am not very clear ! Thank you for your patience.

Best,

Isabelle

Hi @ZAZAZOUTE,

Have you checked the URL setting in your KoBoCollect app? For more details, you could have a look to the response provided earlier: