Dynamic linked form issue - Child form fails to fetch data from different group than identifier variable

Hello,

I have two forms which are dynamically linked. Imagine that the parent form is meant to establish a list of target populations and the partner agency operating in each country, with one form filled per country. The child form is meant to be a repeating submission to report the number of monthly attendees from each of the target populations submitted in the parent form. I would like the child form to reference submissions from the parent form to display the names of the partner agency, as well as the names of the target populations, based on the country selected.

In both forms, the identifier variable is ‘X_country’ which is located in ‘X_group_1.’ The name of the partner agency (‘X_partner_name’) is also located in ‘X_group_1’ in both forms. The target population variables (‘X_target_pop_1’, ‘X_target_pop_2’, etc.) are located in ‘X_group_2’ in both forms. Once I have the forms linked, only the partner agency variable is auto-filled in the child form. The target population variables remain blank. How can I resolve this?

Syntax for pulling partner agency names (working fine): instance(‘parentform’)/root/data[P_group_1/P_country = current()/…/C_country]/P_group_1/P_partner_name

Syntax for pulling target population names (not working):
instance(‘parentform’)/root/data[P_group_1/P_country = current()/…/C_country]/P_group_2/P_target_pop_1

Welcome to the community, @caratupps! Are you trying to link your child form with a value from a parent form’s repeat group?

Hi @Kal_Lam. No, there are no repeating groups in either form.

@caratupps, were you able to link your forms successfully with the sample workaround shared in our support article?