Resetting User Password

Greeting community! Anyone ever experienced inability to reset toolbox passwords…trying to do it but not receiving a reset password email! Asked kobo support about it but no response yet.

Hi @cropnuts,

Could you kindly share your user account name so that the team would be able to support you with resetting the password.

They are several: ocpghana, ocpnigeria2, ocpnigeria3, ocpnigeria4.

Will really appreciate help on this!

I would like to reset back to the original passwords please…the resetting has been brought about by the fact that I seem not to be able to login in to those accounts anymore! I have several accounts but only those ones have this issue which I find strange.

FYI, there were 2 others with the same issue but was able to reset.

Hi @cropnuts,

This may be of help for you at the moment, Have you tried as stated in the support article:

http://support.kobotoolbox.org/getting-started/getting-started/resetting-passwords

I have tried all of them…no success there!

Hi @Kal_Lam. Heard any update with this from support?

Hi @Kal_Lam. Hope you had a good weekend. Would really appreciate any updates on this. Also, something that might help is we had a hacking attempt on a web portal that feeds from Kobo data and are suspecting that our email that owns the Kobo accounts was changed and the main reason why we cannot access the accounts and possible all support and password reset emails are directed to the changed one. Maybe check into this as well if not already doing so.

Hello @cropnuts and @Kal_Lam, I am having a similar issue with my Kobo account account. I noticed that the email associated with my account was changed or hacked but I don’t have access to the new email. So, it’s now difficult to make any changes on the account.
Any information on how to retrieve the account back will be appreciated. Thanks.

@Kal_Lam. I have also an issue with our tdh_gui Kobo account. E-mail associated and password has been changed. Could you kindly help us to reset the password. Thank you.

Hi @bpa,

Welcome to the community! Would you mind requesting your issue of resetting your password at support@kobotoolbox.org providing the following information:

• User name
  • Email ID
  • Server you are using

Have a great day!

1 Like

@Kal_Lam I am also having the same challenge, I have multiple accounts but can not access the most recent one. Whenever I try to log in with the details I remember, I am notified that either the username or password is wrong. The account username that I need to access as of now is xxxxxxx.
Kindly help me.

@888882, this post discussed previously could be helpful to solve your issue: