Server 500 error when creating new kobo account

I am trying to create a new kobo account. After keying in the details and press ‘Create Account’, I got a Server 500 error. Please assist.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Would you mind giving it a second try and then seeing if you can create an account?

I am still having the same issue. I also tried resetting the account and got the same error, since when I tried creating the same account I was trying before I got an error, I got a prompt that the account already exists.

I have noticed when I use a different email address to register or reset - it goes through without the error. Is there a limit in the number of accounts that one email address can register?

@dkuria, could you provide me the user name you are trying to provide so that i could check it with the system to see if it is already there? Please share it through a private message.

@dkuria, the user name you shared with me through a private message is already registered in the OCHA server. I guess it’s registered with your official email (IOM ?). If you have issues getting back your password, please reach us through support@kobotoolbox.org with the email you registered your user account.

The issue is the Sever 500 error I am getting - I am still having the same problem when trying to create an account.

@dkuria, would you mind trying to use a different and a unique user name (other then what you have shared with me through a private message) to see if you still see the issue? Feel free to share with me the username that throws back the 500 error.