Uploading edits to a record not submitting (error)

@Kal_Lam Hello, again.
I trie many modifications
The old problem has gone idk how tbh.
But I have noticed new problem like in the image below:
It means that it need to authenticate the user again - while saving the edit on the record- and when you press the button it opens new tab asks you to ente the username and password, then I press log in and I get this
and I have to reload the page, while all modifications will not be saved “again” and this porblem might show again at any time
Is there any solution for this ?
Thank you

We are still having problems in Kobo’s forms edition, we have changed the message of pop-up Windows but user login shows the same mistake, it has proved on several web browsers. If I open a new window and log-in myself, I still can not send the changes and lose data.
We require an edition solution for the project, due to the information edition is fundamental in this land tenure project at FAO (humanitarian project). We are sending quick look of mistake.
It also shows mistakes when we take more than ten minutes filling up an open form

Thank you so much for all the support.

the problem is the timeout 15 minutes editing and the edition was not possible

the question is if it is possible to extend the editing times,
because the developed forms require more time in editing

@Kal_Lam Is there any news about the problem ? it’s still presistant.

Dear KOBO Support team and @Kal_Lam

the problem persists in the humanitarianresponse

Is there any way you can help us? my project is at the point of going back to excel

Hello dear KOBO support team.

This is to check if there is any update on this issue. I am still facing it when trying to edit records. I do agree with the above point, the issue is with the edit time, if you take more than 10-15 minutes in editing the form the error will appear.

I appreciate your support on this, it’s one of the key features of our project.

Note: I have test this on different browsers, users, and projects, and the issue still appear.

Thank you in advance,

@Kal_Lam Do we have any update ? we’re still waiting for a solution.

Dear KOBO Support Team and @Kal_Lam

Me and my team are facing the same issue and just like @ccamilocr says my project is in risk to go back to excel too.

I though Kobo was going to bring solutions and I’m still expecting it does that, but we need your support ASAP, please.

@adrianguzman, is your project dynamically linked?

Do you mean if my project has any dynamic data attachment? If that’s it so yes it is dynamically Linked to another project.

Does that influence the data edition?

Yes, you got that correct. At the moment, a project dynamically linked cannot be edited. It shows an error message like the one you are receiving. This is something the KoboToolbox team still needs to fix in the upcoming days.

Thank you for the response @Kal_Lam, I hope the kobotoolbox fixes the issue soon.

A last question: this project (in which I cannot make editions) is the child project, if I unlink the project will I be able to make editions? and will the linked data (the ID to identify the other project submissions) remain saved or will be removed?

@adrianguzman, if it’s a dynamically linked project, maybe you will be missing information from the parent project?

Hello @Kal_Lam

my project does not have dynamically linked, but I just did tests with the work team and

Evidence of test performed
• Everyone of us are using the same internet at the office with a set IP 181.57.146.52
• When two users are editing at the same time it drives a mistake and here we are working 60 people editing data from a same ubication
• Time for edition is less than 10 minutes
• Our forms are made for work on them from ODK or Kobo Android, and the edition from ee.humanitarianresponse.info “enketo”, but we guess the IP blocked is not allowing us make editions succesfully

We required to kobotoolbox developers unblock for to from the same IP we could make editions and verify the edition time, and , if it is possible, get wide it to 30 minutes

Hello everyone, thanks for your patience :pray:

I will look into the following issues:

1. When this message appears:

Authentication required. Please authenticate here in a different browser tab and try again.

following the instructions does not work, and it’s impossible to submit an edit even after authenticating in another tab.

2. If making edits takes longer than 10-15 minutes, it becomes impossible to submit the changes.

3. Editing does not work for dynamically linked projects.

@ccamilocr:

• We have not blocked any IPs.
  • Could you please explain what you mean by this:

When two users are editing at the same time it drives a mistake

4 Likes

@jnm
Hello dear,

Did you get a chance to check this:
If making edits takes longer than 10-15 minutes, it becomes impossible to submit the changes.

Thank you in advance.

You keep talking about the same point over and over
I already said I deleted all browser’s data
changed the whole device
opened the reprort on another laptop, yet another network and tried to submit the edit in less than 10
yet the problem still presistant
the same goes for the other users in this topic
do you happen to know the solution for this ?
I hope this time you give us a proper one

Hi all (@emreozkan90, @dwaimah, @Ahmad, @ccamilocr, @adrianguzman) we apologize for this issue that came in on one of the recent updates. A fix has been made and will be deployed this week. :pray:

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Josh

Your support is highly appreciated. Can you please let me know when the update is deployed so that I can test editing some submissions?

Thanks for all Kobo support team for your follow up.

2 Likes

Hi @Ahmad, there will be an announcement when the fix has been deployed :+1:

3 Likes

Hi all (@emreozkan90, @dwaimah, @Ahmad, @ccamilocr, @adrianguzman), please note that the patch deployment is now on the Kobo and OCHA servers:

3 Likes