New Support Article: Merging Individual Data with Roster Data through Power Query in Excel

Dear All,

Would like to inform you that we have recently added a new support article Merging Individual Data with Roster Data through Power Query in Excel to our support site.

Please visit our Help Center Page to learn more about other support articles.

2 Likes

Thank you kal_lam for this new one article
According to me , i have three sheets.
I find a big matter for how to merge the third one

Please help me to get solution

@Saleontrillioner, would you mind sharing the dataset here so that we could also have a look at it?

Thank you kal_lam for this new one article
According to me , i have three sheets.
I find a big matter for how to merge the third one

Please help me to get solution

@Saleontrillioner, I have moved your post here. Maybe this should be the correct topic.

Ooohh sorry for being late
let’s me sharing with you the dataset

Menage.xlsx (2.64 MB)

The main sheet has the _index variable.

The second sheet has the _parent_index variable.

The third sheet also has the _parent_index variable.

So basically merging the main sheet and the third sheet is the same way you merge the main sheet and the second sheet i.e. by matching _index variable and the _parent_index variable like you did to merge main sheet and the second sheet.

Thank you but i want to merge all these sheets in one sheet and respect consistency

I am waiting for all your help , please
Thank you for all your support

Step 1:

Merge the main sheet with the first sheet. You should get a new sheet.

Step 2:

Merge this new sheet with the second sheet. You should again get a new sheet. So this new sheet now should have all the variables from main sheet, first sheet and the second sheet.

Thank You for all but i still have some questions.
when i merged the first and the second , i used the Index and Index-Parent.
For merging the new sheet with the third one , which variable key , i am going to use in order to use the coherence

Use the _index from the main sheet and the _parent_index from other sheets. So when you merge the main sheet with the first sheet, you will see the _index sheet in the newly merged sheet. Use the _index again from the newly merged sheet and the _parent_index from second sheets while merging.

Hello Kal Lam
thank you for all support but i have done these steps in vain.
No coherence has been found when i merged the new sheet merged with the third sheet
I still wait for your new support

@Saleontrillioner, maybe you will need first to play around merging the main sheet with the first sheet as outlined in the support article. Once you are good at this, you could proceed to the next step.

Hi @Kal_Lam
Many thanks for that article.
Unfortunately, the files (this one and this one) proposed for practice are unavailable. It tells me that it couldn’t find the page.
Best regards

1 Like

@Vico, thank you for flagging this to us. We shall fix this up and let you know once we have done.

1 Like

@Vico, please be informed that the broken link has now been fixed!

1 Like