Not Able to Download Media

Hi Everyone
Need support for bulk media download.

I am trying to download media from my form , but when click on export in data download section , after selecting media it keeps on refreshing for hour and then failed message appears.

later is saw a post for Adding direct hyperlinks to collected media in Excel and i tried , some where i succeed as i am able to download the file by copying and paste in browser.

but

when i saved the file and tried to download it failed with message Attachment not found

on further investing i found that , though the Hyperlink shown in the html file is correct but when we click on it and in browser it is not sending complete address as required , the media file name is missing in it

enclosed are the two file

1. html file screen shot

2. highlight address bar screen shown where the media file name is missing

please help

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @caneeraj,

Welcome back to the community! Would you mind going over through the post discussed earlier which outlines on how to download a bulk media file from the KoBoToolbox server:

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Thanks for such a quick response to Kobo Community

Yes , i did the same as you advised earlier , please check the attachments as i enclosed with this.

Please recheck and help

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @caneeraj,

Did you try using the Free Download Manager? It should solve your issue.

Have a great day!

Hi @Kal_Lam

Yes i tried but it says attachment missing , but on the other hand if i copies the link and paste in address bar it shows the media

Sample file enclosed for your reference

24072020.xlsx (11.1 KB)

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @Kal_Lam

Please Help

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @caneeraj
The issue was in the link. Please check the attached file and let me know the result.

Best
24072020_solved.xlsx (11.0 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Ysr3322

Thanks for helping , Now i am able to download by clicking one by one but bulk download via DownloadThemAll extension is not working.

i am getting error as per screen shot

Please help

Cheers !

Neeraj

Hi @caneeraj
Actually I have a different method to download the photo. You may find the explanation of the method at the following link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NSrEQmJ80sFEBC_-gysnRpzrECClC4no/view?usp=sharing
Please find the attached file.Download_photo_test .xlsx (12.9 KB)
Best,
Yasser

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Ysr3322

i did it with your help , Thanks once again .

Neeraj

Cheers!

2 Likes

I live in a rural town, which means slow unreliable internet. When I try to download anything over 10MB, it usually gets interrupted at least once. Can you recommend a download manager from this tutorial that can handle stop-and-go downloads?

Hi @Zuckerbrod

What I tried was using odk briefcase to dow load data and it goes fairly well

You can try and use this , it’s better than any download manager

Cheers!

Neeraj

1 Like

Regardless of the approach, you would definately need a relatively good connectivity to have success in download.

1 Like