A dynamic choice label is not always updated with Enketo. The update is not done/showing if combined with a choice_filter.
Steps to Reproduce
Dynamic Choice Label 02.xlsx (26.1 KB)
- Upload XLSForm and Preview (or deploy, do online data entry and submission)
- Select 2 choices in 1st question, including Other (specify)
- Enter text for Other (specify) and leave field
- Review added text in 1st choice list (Ok)
- Review and select 2nd question now: Other … label is NOT updated there.
- Validate - no change.
Only when you go back to the 1st question and deselect/select something, the update for the 2nd choice list is activating. (It’s also activating when you save or submit the case.)
The 1st select_multiple question selects 1 … n needs of the household. If Other is included, a free text is entered and added to the “Other” label. The 2nd select_one question selects one of the previous choices, and should show the enhanced Other label (if relevant).
2nd choice list should get updated. See Collect. A choice_filter should not change behaviour.
2nd choice list is NOT updated.
If you remove the choice_filter for the 2nd question, the choice label update is activated there.
We tested it with XLSForm Online and KoBoToolbox Preview and WebForm (11/02/2021).
If we you use Collect (ODK 1.29.4) it’s working well. (Here with autocomplete appearance)