How to design a survey form with multiple select questions

Thanks for your frequent response to many queries in this forum that have been helpful to me, , I kindly need support on how to have multiple select and each selection prompts an answer. e.g subject 1,2,3 and each when selected prompts one to highlight the topic of the subject

Hi @luswetiopicho,

Would you mind explaining your issue a bit so that we better understand your concern. Would appreciate if you could upload a short draft dummy question so that we could add on to it (if it’s possible with KoBoToolbox).

Have a great day!

Thanks Kai, see below example

Qn1 Select Subject attended?
a) Maths
b)English
c)Kiswahili
Now I need that whenever one selects e.g. Maths and English one is prompted to type in the topic discussed. So I need to apply the multiple select. not select one

Hi @luswetiopicho,

Do you wish to add details in the same question i.e. Q1 or do you wish to add in a different question?

Have a great day!

Only have one question with Multiple Choices. so I would be interested any of the selected choices one is prompted to type in the topic discussed in that day.

Radio Broadcast Monitoring in Marsabit County-v1.xlsx (73.0 KB) s

See what i managed to do with support from a friend, not its only working for form one and std 6 the rest are not working.

Hi @luswetiopicho,

Would you mind having a look at this simple workaround that i have done.

In the survey tab of your xlsform:

In the choices tab of your xlsform:
Image 2

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Select Multiple (Others).xlsx (11.1 KB)

Have a great day!

1 Like

Dear @Kal_Lam thank so much this worked so perfect, I cant believe it myself… Once again really appreciate your time in solving this for me.

2 Likes