I’m having problems accessing data forms already submitted successfully in my server.
Any help, please?
Could you share with the community at what point of the time (by providing some more information, image reference) were you unable to access your data that were submitted to the server.
I am facing similar problems it says they were successfully uploaded but they are not on the server
Could you kindly brief us more on this so that we could dip into it?
Yes I will write you on a private message
Seems like the data is still in the View Sent Form of your KoBoCollect android app. If this is the case, you need not worry, it can be extracted! Kindly please confirm if i have understood your issue well!
Thanks that’s great news, could you kindly explain to me how to extract it.
You could retrieve data from KoBoCollect using ODK Briefcase as follows:
Download the latest version of ODK Briefcase:
Download the latest version of ODK Briefcase from here.
Configure the settings of ODK Briefcase:
- Double click the ODK Briefcase that you downloaded.
- You should be able to see a dialogue box as shown in the image below:
- Press OK. You will be directed to ODK Briefcase application as shown in the image below:
- Configure the Storage Location as per your convenience by pressing Choose.
- Once you configure your Storage Location, ODK Briefcase application activates the Pull, Push and Export tab as shown in the image below:
- You should also be able to see a folder (in the location you configured) as shown in the image below:
Copy your devices ODK Folder to your Computer:
- Your device should have at least one collected form either in Send Finalized Form or View Sent Form as shown in the image below (I have 4 collected forms in my View Sent Form which I will be exporting through ODK briefcase):
- Search the ODK folder from your device. The location may vary by device brand. It should look something as shown in the image below:
- Copy the ODK folder to your computer.
Pull the collected forms to ODK Briefcase:
- Press the Pull tab.
- Select Collect directory and press Configure as shown in the image below:
- Choose the ODK folder from the location you had copied to your computer.
- You should now be able to see Success under the Pull Status .
Push the collected forms from ODK Briefcase to your Computer:
- Select Settings tab. Press Reload forms from storage location as shown in the image below (note if you fail to press this, you will not be able to export the data):
- Select Export tab. You should now be able to see the survey project that has already been pulled from ODK folder to the ODK briefcase and in a ready state to export to a desired location.
- Select the project that you wish to export and then press Export as shown in the image below:
- You should now be able to see Exported … submissions under the Export Status depending on the number of forms that is in your device which you wish to export. Please see the image below (Here I have tried to export 4 collected forms):
- You should now be able to see the dataset in csv format (at the desired location you exported).
Muchas gracias, usare la herramienta y les comento cualquier duda.