How to create a multi layer cascading select question?

How to create interlink selection Type question in an xls form? :grinning:

Hi @PALASH9698,

Are you referring to the cascading select? If so, you could do it as outline din the support article here. You could also have a look at the community discussion that has happened earlier that should show you an example of how a cascading select question is designed in an xlsform:

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_Lam,
Have a good Day!
Stay Safe :mask:
Thank you very much for your kind support really appreciable.

Best Regards
Palash

1 Like

Dear Kal_Lam,
Greetings!
sorry for again mail to you same issue. Could you please check where the problem i can’t getting the form preview after import the xls file once try to preview the form it shown Error generating preview
u’village’village
i could not solve the problem
i would like to request you i would be helpful if you kindly have a look on the issue

Best Regards
Palash.

select_districts.xlsx (15.9 KB)

Hi @PALASH9698,

Would you first provide me with the information requested (from the image below) as i do not see consistency in the same.

Maybe after having some consistent information, i could provide you a workaround.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_lam,
Please find the below link for details information given in word version.

Best Regards
Palash.

Hi @PALASH9698,

Would you first please response to my queries provided in post 12. Without having your information for the queries raised above, the xlsform would still be faulty.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_lam
In the post 12 you marked two different areas which are actually City Corporation and Municipality area there is no union in this area
Thanks
Palash

Hi @PALASH9698,

Thank you for the information. Much clear now. Will get back to you later.

Have a great day!

Hi @PALASH9698,

You could create a cascading select question for multiple layers as outlined in the image below:

In the survey tab of the xlsform:

In the choices tab of the xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when Municiaplity is inactive):

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo (when Union is inactive):

Reference xlsform:
Cascading Select (Multiple Layers).xlsx (13.3 KB)

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_lam,
Thank you very much for your hard work exactly which we are looking you give us the same things.
additional one thing i would like to inform you that when another district added under one division and village name added in below the xls form not shown new record.

Best Regards
Palash

1 Like

Hi @PALASH9698,

To do this, you will first need to review the choices tab carefully and then you will need to add them carefully.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_Lam,
Unfortunately i am unable to made through your formula here i have created the form another way though it will be created hassle during data analysis.
again thanks for your hard work. :clap:
i would like to request you have your time permitted please check my form and give your feedback how to represent the form smarter way which will develop me further development.
Stay safe
Best Regards
Palash…

Please find the link below:
https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/#tyzkKSEE
relief key information interview.xlsx (13.2 KB)

Hi @PALASH9698,

The method that i had suggested would be a short and a sweet one. However, it’s still possible to use the method you have outlined. The only drawback using your method would be is during the analysis phase.

Have a great day!

A post was split to a new topic: Do you have any resources that would help us learn KoBoToolbox?

Dear Kal_Lam
Greetings!
I am really sorry to bother you several time on one issue. as per your suggestion i have review the choices tab carefully and then add them carefully.
unfortunately i can’t view the preview of the form.
one error message shown u’village’ and don’t show preview.
i would like to request could you please have a look on the xls form.and give the the correction of the form.
attached file for your kind review .Palash Selected villages.xlsx (18.3 KB)

Looking forward to your kind concern in this regards.

Best Regards
Palash- :cry:

1 Like

Hi @PALASH9698,

Would you mind providing us the detail list of what should be filtered as provided earlier in a word doc (as done in post 5)? It would be easy to validate your xlsform with the word doc.

Have a great day!

Dear Kal_Lam,
Thanks for your prompt response,
Please find the link below:

Best Regards
Palash.

1 Like

Hi @PALASH9698,

Please see the revised/updated cascading selects based on your added information.

In the survey tab of the xlsform:

In the chocies tab of the xlsform:

Data entry screen as seen in Enketo:

Reference xlsform:
Palash Selected Villages.xlsx (18.0 KB)

Have a great day!

3 Likes

Dear Kal_Lam,
Thanks a lot for your kind supervision which is highly appreciable.
Stay Safe, have a good day. :smiley:

Best Regards
Palash

2 Likes